[R-pkg-devel] submitting to github

Troels Ring tr|ng @end|ng |rom gvdnet@dk
Fri Jan 25 09:50:54 CET 2019

Dear friends - I'm sorry to bother but seem to be unable to interact
constructively with github.

I try to follow the instructions from Hadley (thanks!!!!) - i.e. I have a
small trial-project which functions well. Since I have tried many times I
start from shell with

rm -rf .git

and then select version control using git (tools, project options,git/svn) -
and origin is still marked as "none" after restarting RStudio.

Then from shell again: git init

Yielding

Initialized empty Git repository in
C:/Users/Troels/Dropbox/Rown/ABCharge/.git/

Rstudio restarted, package reopened: origin still "none"

Git panel appears OK.

Now from github: add new repository (non present after prior deletions!)

Named as package name - repeated in description - repository created

Shell opened from RStudio

git remote add origin https://github.com/troelsring/ABCharge.git  - works
without problems - an origin seems correctly accepted in RStudio - but then:

git push -u origin master  - results in:

error: src refspec master does not match any.

error: failed to push some refs to
'https://github.com/troelsring/ABCharge.git' below in red

I seem (also!) to have problems with the SSH keys - Rstudio marks that I
have a key in c:/Users/Troels/.ssh/id_rsa -

but when I run file.exists("~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub")
[1] FALSE -  Is returned - but that is not the issue I guess? I have anyway
made a public key as suggested.

I have spent hours seeking on the many pages for explanation for this
probably simple problem.
All best
Troels