[R-pkg-devel] Incorporating external library licensces (zstd license) within package

Ralf Stubner r@lf@@tubner @ending from d@q@n@@com
Thu Jan 10 09:40:46 CET 2019

On 09.01.19 20:18, Travers Ching wrote:
> * Use of the AGPL-3 license which seems to be able to cover the ZSTD
> BSD licensce.

ZSTD is dual license BSD and GPL-2. So AGPL-3 is fine, as would be GPL-2
or GPL-3.

> * Attach APGL-3 notice to all my source code files (excluding
> auto-generated Rcpp source code).

Ok.

> * Add Facebook as author/contributor and add copyright notice for the
> ZSTD library -- should I add the main ZSTD contributor/author (Yann
> Collet)?  (Attached at the bottom is my DESCRIPTION file).

I would use Yann Collet as author/contributor and Facebook only as
copyright holder.

> License: AGPL-3 | file LICENSE

What is the content of the LICENSE file? My suggestion would be
something like this:

Files: src/ZSTD/*
Copyright: <as in the ZSTD files>
License: BSD or GPL-2

Files: *
Copyright: 2019 Travers Ching
License: <your license>

(c.f. https://github.com/daqana/dqrng/blob/master/LICENSE)

Greetings
Ralf

--
Ralf Stubner
Senior Software Engineer / Trainer

daqana GmbH
Dortustraße 48
14467 Potsdam

T: +49 331 23 61 93 11
F: +49 331 23 61 93 90
M: +49 162 20 91 196
Mail: ralf.stubner using daqana.com

Sitz: Potsdam
Register: AG Potsdam HRB 27966
Ust.-IdNr.: DE300072622
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Stefan Knirsch, Prof. Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze