[R-pkg-devel] UBSAN Problems with Memory Sanitizer

Maximilian Leodolter m@ximili@n@leodolter @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jan 2 16:17:03 CET 2019

Hi,
I just wanted to upload a new version of my package (IncDTW) but got the
message that my old version causes the following error, even though it
works perfectly fine.

The error message says:

runtime error: member call on address 0x7f4c77dcb200 which does not
point to an object of type 'scheduler'
0x7f4c77dcb200: note: object is of type
'tbb::internal::custom_scheduler<tbb::internal::IntelSchedulerTraits>'

The error messages are given here in detail
https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/clang-UBSAN/IncDTW/tests/testthat.Rout
and here

https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/gcc-UBSAN/IncDTW/tests/testthat.Rout

And this is the cran-github mirror of my package
https://github.com/cran/IncDTW

I have no idea where the error messages point to and what causes the error,
even less how to solve it.

 I'm new to C++ and RcppParallel and don't really know what to do. Can
someone please help?

Thanks, Cheers Max