[R-pkg-devel] dependency on a bioconductor package

Morgan, Martin mtmorg@n@bioc @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Oct 5 19:58:09 CEST 2018

(don't forget to 'reply all', so that others may benefit / contribute to
the conversation).

You or one of the packages your package depends on must Depend: or
Import: BiocInstaller. If it is your package, then you should no longer
do so. If it is one of the packages your package depends on, then the
responsible thing to do is to contact the author of that package and
indicate that they should update their package to no longer depend on
BiocInstaller.

I do not know how the CRAN team will view this warning; I would guess
that, if it is not directly under your control, then they will not be
overly concerned about it.

Martin