[R-pkg-devel] CRAN note: src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS

Georgi Boshnakov georgi@bo@hn@kov @ending from m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Tue Aug 21 00:14:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

Recently the results page of my package on CRAN at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_sarima.html,
started to show the NOTE below for some systems.
I am using Rcpp/RcppArmadillo without any manual interventions on my side.

Is it reasonable to expect that the NOTE will disappear if I rebuild the package with an up-to-date version of  Rcpp
and maybe rerunning RcppAttributes().?

Georgi Boshnakov

==================================

Check: use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles
Result: NOTE
     src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
     src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but not in PKG_CFLAGS
     src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
     src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but not in PKG_CFLAGS
    Use of these macros is discussed in sect 1.2.1.1 of 'Writing R
    Extensions'. The macros for different languages may differ so the
    matching macro must be used in PKG_CXXFLAGS (etc) and match that used
    in PKG_LIBS (except for F77: see the manual).