[R-pkg-devel] Log for Windows gives a system requirement Error

Piyush Gupta piyu@h@gupt@96 @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Aug 19 04:50:17 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am new to R package development. I have built an R package 'LSTModis'.
I can be found here : https://github.com/piyush96/LSTModis

On running R CMD check on win-builder, the following is the error :

** running examples for arch 'i386' ... ERROR
Running examples in 'LSTModis-Ex.R' failed
The error most likely occurred in:

> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: Download_tif
> ### Title: Download tif files
> ### Aliases: Download_tif
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> pwd<-getwd()
> Download_tif(username="abc",password="**",
+                            start_date="2017-12-19",
+                            end_date="2017-12-21",
+                            option=2,
+                            path_files=pwd)
[Sat Aug 18 17:09:34 2018] Welcome to MODIStsp!We will now search for
a valid GDAL installation - pleasewait! (this will happen only once)
Error in MODIStsp::MODIStsp() :
  Your local GDAL installation does not support HDF4 format.
Please install HDF4 support and recompile GDAL.
See:http://lbusett.github.io/MODIStsp/articles/installation.html#
installing-r-and-gdal
Calls: Download_tif -> <Anonymous>
Execution halted

'LSTModis' depends on the R package 'MODIStsp' which has GDAL as a
system requirement. Since, it is a system requirement, I am not sure
how my R package 'LSTModis' can incorporate the requirements of GDAL.

Any feedback would be of great help.

Thanks

Piyush

(Developer of LSTModis)