[R-pkg-devel] CRAN note: src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Tue Aug 21 00:39:55 CEST 2018

On 20 August 2018 at 22:14, Georgi Boshnakov wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Recently the results page of my package on CRAN at
| https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_sarima.html,
| started to show the NOTE below for some systems.
| I am using Rcpp/RcppArmadillo without any manual interventions on my side.
|
| Is it reasonable to expect that the NOTE will disappear if I rebuild the package with an up-to-date version of  Rcpp
| and maybe rerunning RcppAttributes().?

No you have to edit src/Makevars{,win} yourself.

| ==================================
|
| Check: use of SHLIB_OPENMP_*FLAGS in Makefiles
| Result: NOTE
|      src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
|      src/Makevars: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but not in PKG_CFLAGS
|      src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS is included in PKG_CXXFLAGS but not in PKG_LIBS
|      src/Makevars.win: SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS is included in PKG_LIBS but not in PKG_CFLAGS

Basically just use SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS in PKG_LIBS as well. As the
paragraph quoted below suggests.

Our initial example in RcppArmadillo was sloppy was mix *_CFLAGS and
*_CXXFLAGS use, and that is no longer liked at the CRAN side.

Dirk