[R-pkg-devel] Tests hang only on win-builder x64

Michael Levy mlevy79 @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Jun 30 20:36:10 CEST 2018

Hi all,

My package's tests seem to be hanging on win-builder's x64 build for all
three R releases, but they complete okay on win-builder i386 and on
AppVeyor x64 (and on other platforms). The tests take a while to complete,
so I've split them into multiple files so that some output comes back every
few minutes. Any idea how I might fix this? Thanks.

** running tests for arch 'i386' ... [17m] OK

  Running 'testthat-1.R' [103s]

  Running 'testthat-2.R' [477s]

  Running 'testthat-3.R' [425s]

  Running 'testthat-4.R' [7s]

** running tests for arch 'x64' ... ERROR

Check process probably crashed or hung up for 20 minutes ... killed

Most likely this happened in the example checks (?),

if not, ignore the following last lines of example output:

======== End of example output (where/before crash/hang up occured ?)
========

​