[R-pkg-devel] Questions about making a database package (Rpolyhedra)

alejandro baranek @lej@ndrob@r@nek @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jun 27 22:22:09 CEST 2018

By now, we are on that situation: +- 150 polyhedra published.
But +800 able to publish and because of package size cannot publish all of
them.

It is not a problem on github, it's a problem on CRAN, with building (fixed
testing timing with simple sample techniques) timing. I would like to hear
more from experienced package developers about this issues, but we seemed
to found a solution.

We decided to make another github repo RpolyhedraDB. When you install the
package, it downloads the database from the correct tag marked in the data
folder of the package in a home directory of the user. So package will be
minimal for CRAN, will be RR and will install database on first use (In
case of TRAVIS or other qa/continuous integration, it will install it of
course). It will be possible to setup different DB size using the TAGS, in
case we find it preferable to the users.

Best, Ale.