[R-pkg-devel] Release Frequency

Uwe Ligges ligge@ @ending from @t@ti@tik@tu-dortmund@de
Thu May 31 22:29:23 CEST 2018

A lot is automated, but another lot has to be checked manually. It
depends on the package and its notes.

Then policies you are quoting have two reasons:

1. we take a look what is going on if a submission comes in too quickly
as this is typically suspicious. Hence a quick submission creates manual
work in any case,

2. each version of a package is archived, so when people submit
frequently, CRAN is growing quickly.

As CRAN is a repository for releases software, we expect that releases
are well tested and hence do not happen too frequently.

In case you nevertheless found a serious bug, please submit a fixed
version and explain why this was needed in the submission comments.

Best,
Uwe Ligges