[R-pkg-devel] Release Frequency

Boxuan Cui boxu@ncui @ending from gm@il@com
Thu May 31 18:29:38 CEST 2018

Hi,

During my recent CRAN submissions, I noticed a more streamlined/automatic
process. I am wondering if the submission still requires a manual approval,
or does it go to CRAN automatically after all checks?

I am asking because I accidentally shipped a showstopper bug for a new
feature for DataExplorer v0.6
<https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=DataExplorer> yesterday. The fix is one
line of code change.

However, I am certainly aware of the CRAN Repository Policy
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html#Submission> and
definitely respect that:

*Submitting updates should be done responsibly and with respect for the
volunteers’ time. Once a package is established (which may take several
rounds), “no more than every 1–2 months” seems appropriate.*

If this is the case, I will wait for another month or two to push a fix to
CRAN, and push the fixed version to GitHub for now.

Thank you!

Best,
Boxuan (Bo)