[R-pkg-devel] questions about promptPackage(); <pkg>-package.Rd; help(package="<pkg>")

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Fri May 18 23:05:03 CEST 2018

Ben,

Been meaning to write a short blog post about it as it also affects two (old)
packages of mine.  My favourite is to just rely on the Rd macros to the
fullest, and I generally just hand-edit it -- no promptPackage() use.

See eg this side-by-side diff of the first of the two I need to update; the
other may follow tomorrow.

https://github.com/eddelbuettel/inline/commit/51d1ed2fbb5493b0cbc76d9bdf22beec7fe42ec9?diff=split#diff-c6be7fcd65260038f24d97252a80fef7

This should give you the old one on the left, and the new one -- which is
essentially just references to DESCRIPTION on the right.  As it is short, I
include the new one (indented by three spaces):

   \name{inline-package}
   \alias{inline-package}
   \alias{inline}
   \docType{package}
   \title{\packageTitle{inline}}
   \description{\packageDescription{inline}}
   \seealso{\code{\link{cfunction}}, \code{\link{cxxfunction}}}
   \author{\packageAuthor{inline}}
   \section{Maintainer}{\packageMaintainer{inline}}
   \keyword{package}

Hth,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org