[R-pkg-devel] separate Functions: and Datasets: indices?

Ben Bolker bbolker @ending from gm@il@com
Fri May 18 21:44:13 CEST 2018

  I notice that when I say  help(package="MASS") I get separate indices
for functions and data sets.  AFAICT this doesn't seem to occur in other
packages that have both functions and data sets (e.g. mgcv, lattice,
lme4), despite the tags \docType{data} and \keywords{datasets} being
used in the relevant .Rd files; I don't see any other obvious magic in
the .Rd files for MASS (in fact, they don't use the \docType{} tag at
all ...

  Before I go spelunking, does anyone have any guesses/ideas/information
about why MASS is special (or if it is)?

  cheers
    Ben Bolker