[R-pkg-devel] File link does not exist : how to get the correct one?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Fri May 18 17:29:05 CEST 2018

On 18/05/2018 11:06 AM, Joris Meys wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The latest changes in R cause a lot of Rd warnings about file links that
> don't exist and are treated as a topic. One example is
>
> \code{\link[stats]{fitted}}
>
> Now if I look at ?fitted , the name of the page (top left corner) is given
> as "fitted". So I would expect that the code above should just work fine,
> but it generates the warning.
>
> How can one get these names without having to browse through the directory
> with html files?

You could ask for HTML help on fitted, but don't use the class print method:

 > unclass(?fitted)
[1]
"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/stats/help/fitted.values"
attr(,"call")
help(topic = "fitted", package = NULL)
attr(,"topic")
[1] "fitted"
attr(,"tried_all_packages")
[1] FALSE
attr(,"type")
[1] "html"

The first line says that the name should be "fitted.values".