[R-pkg-devel] plot graph (png, svg, eps, pdf, vdx, ok tikz) to device

Rainer M Krug R@iner @ending from krug@@de
Tue May 15 13:43:09 CEST 2018

Hi Stefan,

> On 15 May 2018, at 13:31, Stefan McKinnon Høj-Edwards <sme at iysik.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> You are currently using a java library to create the plot. Your package is basically a wrapper around the java file.

Correct - that why I am limited to using the specified output formats.

> The only way to make it more "R-like" would be to re-implement the rendering in R (or Rcpp or using the grid package).

Yes - I want to render the generated graphs in a graphics device in R, as if I would use a plot(1,1) command.

> To get a vector based image, your code suggests you can use the SVG format. But again, that does not have anything to do with R.

As vector I have sag, eps, and tikz formats - and the R part is: can I render these in an R device. I am not interested in R-like coded in the package, I am simply looking for a way to display this in an R device.

Cheers,

Rainer