[R-pkg-devel] some notes

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:01:23 CEST 2018

On 24/04/2018 12:48 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 24.04.2018 18:45, Spencer Graves wrote:
[... deleting irrelevant stuff...]

>>         If it becomes infeasible to find smaller datasets, etc., you can
>> cut out certain tests with a construct like the following:
>>

>> if(!fda::CRAN()){
>> # ... tests to run on other computers but to skip on CRAN.  ...
>> }
>
> Ummm, how should fda::CRAN() now that it runs on CRAN?
>
> CRAN prefers to ship a set of examples/tests etc. that meet our
> requirements. If you want to ru addtional tests and/or examples, then
> run them conditionally on something that is true for your local machine,
> e.g. some defined environment variable.

For Xubo Yue, who may not be aware of all of the players:

Uwe Ligges is one of the individuals who runs CRAN.  When you submit a
package to CRAN, you are asking Uwe and others to distribute your work.
You should listen to what he says.

Spencer Graves and I are not involved in running CRAN.  We will give you
advice that we think is good advice, but if it conflicts with Uwe's,
follow his.