[R-pkg-devel] CRAN pretest archived because of 2 NOTEs

Gertjan van den Burg gertjanvandenburg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:36:18 CEST 2018

While waiting to get this message posted to the list, I've solved the
problem by copying the stdlib rand() and srand() functions into my
package under a different name. This makes the check pass and ensures my
RNG does not interfere with R's RNG.

I do think that if this NOTE causes immediate dismissal of a package, it
shouldn't be a NOTE but an ERROR. Otherwise it just leads to a lot of
wasted time waiting for a reply from the maintainers to respond to the note.