[R-pkg-devel] extending as.mcmc.list

Joe Thorley joe at poissonconsulting.ca
Thu Apr 12 17:01:01 CEST 2018

The S3 generic function coda::as.mcmc.list has a check exclusion in R-devel/src/library/tools/R/utils.R.

I am trying to extend it to objects of various classes

https://github.com/poissonconsulting/mcmcr/blob/master/R/as.mcmc.list.R <https://github.com/poissonconsulting/mcmcr/blob/master/R/as.mcmc.list.R>

However I get the note

Found the following apparent S3 methods exported but not registered:
  as.mcmc.list
See section ‘Registering S3 methods’ in the ‘Writing R Extensions’
manual.

Although this note is discussed on r-package-devel

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2017q2/001531.html <https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2017q2/001531.html>

I am unclear about how I should resolve the issue.

Currently I am considering renaming the function to as.mcmc_list although this feels somewhat unsatisfactory.

Any advice is appreciated

Joe

Joe Thorley PhD, RPBio
Computational Biologist