[R-pkg-devel] Saving output of check()

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:49:02 CEST 2018

  I have at various times tried the built-in (tools package) solution;
fairly complex hand-rolled stuff I did myself; and revdepcheck.  I found
that revdepcheck handled installation of needed dependencies, including
caching packages where necessary, more easily.  It felt like the 'tools'
machinery worked better if I already had all or most of the CRAN
packages installed ... (My experimentation has been done
non-systematically and over a long period of time, so I may well have
mistaken/missed something.)