[R-pkg-devel] Error from svDialogs unless attached to search path

Paul Hibbing paulhibbing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:39:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

I need to use dialog boxes in my package by calling functions from
the svDialogs package, e.g. svDialogs::dlgInput().

However, I get the below error when I try to use some functions without
first attaching svDialogs to the search path with library() or require().

   > # library(svDialogs)
   > svDialogs::dlgInput("Example")
   Error in svDialogs::dlgInput("Example") : attempt to apply non-function

After un-commenting and running the first line, the above code works
fine, no error.

The svDialogs package is imported in my NAMESPACE, and I cannot
figure out where this error is coming from. As best I can tell, my usage
mirrors the cgam package, which imports svDialogs in NAMESPACE,
and then calls dlgMessage in the ShapeSelect function.

Any tips on resolving this error are appreciated.

Best,
Paul Hibbing