[R-pkg-devel] Warnings if Carriage Returns in Code Elements of R Documentation

Henric Winell nilsson.henric at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:22:42 CET 2018

On 2018-03-05 10:00, Dario Strbenac wrote:

> Good day,
>
> The package checking software emits a warning if \cr is used inside \code. The reason I'd like to do that is to avoid a S4 constructor specification being limited to one line and running off the side of the PDF page of the PDF manual, as happens by default. The style of the documentation which I wrote is:

See WRE.  First, get of \cr.  Second, replacing \code{} with
\preformatted{} and your manual formatting will be preserved.

Henric Winell

> \section{Constructor}{
>    \describe{
>      \item{}{
>        \code{DataClass(parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4,\cr
>              parameter5, parameter6)
>              }

See WRE.  Get rid of \cr and use \preformatted instead of \code.  But
note that it often requires padding with spaces to get exactly the
result you want.

Henric Winell