[R-pkg-devel] Warnings if Carriage Returns in Code Elements of R Documentation

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Mar 5 10:00:22 CET 2018

Good day,

The package checking software emits a warning if \cr is used inside \code. The reason I'd like to do that is to avoid a S4 constructor specification being limited to one line and running off the side of the PDF page of the PDF manual, as happens by default. The style of the documentation which I wrote is:

\section{Constructor}{
  \describe{
    \item{}{
      \code{DataClass(parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4,\cr
            parameter5, parameter6)
            }
            }
    }  \describe{
            \item{\code{parameter1}}{A description of the requirements of the first parameter.}
           }
}

How can wrapping be forced without causing a warning during checking?