[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission huxtable 2.0.2

David Hugh-Jones davidhughjones at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:14:13 CET 2018

Hi Dirk

Not running the test on CRAN would fix the problem, but it is kind of an
admission of failure. Part of CRAN's point is quality control, so switching
off tests just to pass seems perverse. I'll do it if that is the only
option.

Yes, I bet the CRAN guys are highly busy, and full respect to them. It
might be nice, though, if there were a public document about what is on
those servers. Just e.g. a list of software and versions. Or the name of
the OS and release. That would presumably help
travis/win-builder/individual R developers to create environments closer to
the CRAN one, and that would reduce the number of CRAN-only bugs.

Cheers,
David