[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission huxtable 2.0.2

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Feb 7 13:20:11 CET 2018

On 7 February 2018 at 11:53, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
| Hi guys,
|
| I've been having some problems with updating my 'huxtable' package on CRAN.
| The latest issue is that I run a test which renders a rmarkdown document to
| PDF, using rmarkdown::render. This passes R CMD check fine on my machine,
| on travis and on win-builder, but fails on the CRAN machines as follows:
|
| Last 13 lines of output:
|   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
| D:\Compiler\texmf\scripts\latexmk\perl\latexmk.pl line 122.
|   File::Path version 2.08 required--this is only version 1.08 at
| D:\Compiler\texmf\scripts\latexmk\perl\latexmk.pl line 122.
|
| This looks like something coming via pandoc, and it also looks as if it is
| a function of a very old version of Perl: File::Path version 2.08 came out
| in 2009. Version 1.08 is included with Perl 5.8 which came out in 2002.
|
| What's going on here, and can anyone suggest a fix?

Maybe don't run the test if it always fails, and you cannot control the setting?

Rcpp has had conditional tests for (I guess at least) 5+ years -- I just test
if the version number has four components (ie 0.1.2.3, a test version) as
opposed to three (ie 0.1.3, a release) and test only on the former (my box,
Travis, ... but not CRAN). That started because CRAN had its time limit, but
the idea is generally valid.

| In general, is there any info available about the CRAN check servers? I
| keep running into problems that are specific to them and cannot be
| replicated on any other machine available to me.

You can ask, and eventually someone will answer, but "those in charge" are
busy too.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org