[R-pkg-devel] Help with R check

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Jan 6 23:11:32 CET 2018

On 06.01.2018 18:36, Boxuan Cui wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> *[Issue 1]*
>
> This is the first time I have encountered this, and I have no idea what's
> going on. I really appreciate anyone's help on this.
>
> My package: https://cran.r-project.org/package=DataExplorer
>
> My story:
>
>     - *[Jan 01]*
>        - I plan to release the latest version to CRAN. I ran all checks
>        (including win-builder through *devtools::build_win()*) on my
>        package, everything is OK, so I submitted it.
>        - The URL for win-builder has expired, but in case you can find the
>        check log: https://win-builder.r-project.org/D52z9NcU7633
>        - AppVeyor build log:
>        https://ci.appveyor.com/project/boxuancui/dataexplorer/build/master.36
>        - Travis CI build log:
>        https://travis-ci.org/boxuancui/DataExplorer/builds/323730230
>     - *[Jan 03]*
>        - I was told that I need to update my MIT license file, since I made
>        some changes there. I did as told and re-submit the package. I didn't
>        change anything.
>     - *[Jan 03 (later of the day)]*
>        - My package is failing example checks on arch 'i386' for Windows,
>        according to
>        https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/180103_161227_DataExplorer_050/00check.log
>        - Note the example was failing for *split_columns()*.
>     - *[Jan 05]*
>        - I saw the Email and did another *devtools::build_win()* with no
>        changes at all.
>        - I received the same error, but on another function, i.e.,
>        *set_missing()*.
>        - The check log is here:
>        https://win-builder.r-project.org/9bKr71mwef11/00check.log
>     - *[Jan 05]*
>        - After some investigation, I believe it is due to dependency
>        versions, so I update DESCRIPTION with latest version for all,
> including R
>        (was 3.3.0).

No, not the reason: You checked with R-devel, hence the version
requirement is not the reason for the problems you reported above.

>        - This time the check log is showing a warning: *checking DESCRIPTION
>        meta-information ... WARNING Dependence on R version '3.4.3' not with
>        patchlevel 0*.
>        - The check log is here:
>        https://win-builder.r-project.org/5Px18P21h44a/00check.log
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue before?

In order to get consistent binary repositories etc., we ask you to find
proper vresion requirement with patchlevel 0, i.e. 3.3.0 or 3.4.0 if
applicable.

Best,
Uwe Ligges