[R-pkg-devel] Warning "Dependence on R version '3.3.3' not with patchlevel 0"

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:05:55 CET 2018

Yep. Bear in mind that many system-wide installation, e.g. in universities, are of .0 or .1 releases and upgraded yearly. If we end up with packages depending on packages depending on a later version, bad things can happen (and _did_ happen in the 3.2.* series). For the same reason, we have become very careful not to add features into R-patched,so it should be rather unlikely that packages that work with x.y.z do not also work with x.y.0.

-pd