[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: R CMD check and strange ## Not run strings

Tomas Hudik xhudik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:53:21 CET 2017

Hi,
thank you guys for fast replies - good ideas and points! They completely
makes sense.

@Georgi - yes, the rendering is the issue. I personally find \dontrun{}
better understandable then rendered ## Not Run.
Maybe even better would be to have rendered "r-markdown kind" where you can
click on a small triangle icon(
http://rmarkdown.rstudio.com/r_notebooks.html#executing_code) and the
example would run for you. So user can:
1. run the code when he wants
2. wont have to think whether ## Not run is a comment or some kind of
escape or special command (my case 3 days before)

I understand "r-markdown kind" rendering would be possible in GUI apps only
(Rstudio). The question is how to do it on R core (command line) level.

what do you think?

best, Tomas