[R-pkg-devel] "LoadLibrary failure" on Windows

Sarah Friedrich sarah.friedrich at uni-ulm.de
Tue Dec 19 12:15:56 CET 2017

Dear all,

the CRAN Package Check Results for my package GFD indicate an error on
windows (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_GFD.html),
which I am unable to fix. In my package, I'm using RGtk2 for creating a
GUI. Since this produced errors before, I first check if RGtk2 is
available via

requireNamespace("RGtk2", quietly = TRUE)
   if(!("package:RGtk2" %in% search())){attachNamespace("RGtk2")}

It all works fine on linux (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu (64-bit)) and on R
version 3.2.5 on windows (x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)), so I suspect
that it's not actually an error in my package but something between
RGtk2 and the new R version on windows. Anyway, a workaround would be
greatly appreciated! Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Sarah