[R-pkg-devel] Exited with status -1073741819.

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Nov 29 17:31:12 CET 2017

You wrote
    Exited with status -1073741819.

The low byte of that status code is 5, which I think means a segmentation
fault - reading
or writing an address that you do not have permission of use.
  > as.hexmode(-1073741819)
  [1] "c0000005"
If your code uses memory that it has not allocated it is somewhat random
whether you
get a segmentation fault or not.  'valgrind' can detect such errors more
reliably.  Try that
on a platform where your package builds.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com