[R-pkg-devel] New package submission error (ieee_arithmetic)

Waleed Almutiry walmutir at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 29 22:37:49 CET 2017

Hi all,

I tried to upload my package to CRAN and did not pass the the incoming checks. This was because the use of ieee_arithmetic module in a fortran subroutine in the src folder. I built and checked the package using (R CMD build) and (R CMD check) under IOS system and it is working fine without errors. The gcc version in my system is (GNU Fortran (GCC) 5.2.0) while the gcc version in the CRAN system is 4.9.3. This is the message that I have got from the CRAN:

* installing *source* package 'EpiILMCT' ...
** libs

*** arch - i386
d:/Compiler/gcc-4.9.3/mingw_32/bin/gfortran    -pedantic -fbounds-check -O3  -mtune=core2 -c  datsim.f95 -o datsim.o
datsim.f95:21.4:

USE ieee_arithmetic
    1
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'ieee_arithmetic.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make: *** [datsim.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'EpiILMCT'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/lib/EpiILMCT'

I used the ieee_arithmetic in some subroutines to read and write results of Infinity values. I used it inside the subroutine as

IF (ieee_support_inf(Inf)) THEN Inf = ieee_value(Inf, ieee_positive_inf) END IF

So, any thought of how to overcome this issue, would be highly beneficial to me.

Many thanks,

Waleed