[R-pkg-devel] Package valgrind problem I can't solve: Direction?

Peter Dunn PDunn2 at usc.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 01:05:10 CET 2017

“unless I am being really stupid”

Lucky for that caveat. Feeling rather stupid for this late effort.

Thanks so much.  Help greatly appreciated.

P.

On 6/Nov/17, 9:51 am, "Iñaki Úcar" <i.ucar86 at gmail.com> wrote:

    > Impossible or not… it just happened (unless I am being really stupid, which
    > is entirely possible, indeed probable). I confirmed again this morning:
    > After rebuilding (R CMD build) and checking (R CMD check) without any
    > errors, I used rhub and the command line again:
    >

    > Running valgrind at the command line, I get this error:
    >
    > ==5097== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
    > ==5097== at 0x1118F61FB: smallp_ (in
    > /Users/pdunn2/Library/R/3.4/library/tweedie/libs/tweedie.so)

    What I meant is that, if you run the script in tweedie.Rcheck from the
    command line, Rscript uses your *installed* version of tweedie, not
    the tarball you built with R CMD build. So if you didn't run R CMD
    INSTALL, Rscript is running an old version without any fix, hence the
    disagreement with R CMD check.

    Iñaki

USC, Locked Bag 4, Maroochydore DC, Queensland, 4558 Australia.
CRICOS Provider No: 01595D
This email is confidential. If received in error, please delete it from your system.