[R-pkg-devel] Package valgrind problem I can't solve: Direction?

Iñaki Úcar i.ucar86 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 00:51:47 CET 2017

> Impossible or not… it just happened (unless I am being really stupid, which
> is entirely possible, indeed probable). I confirmed again this morning:
> After rebuilding (R CMD build) and checking (R CMD check) without any
> errors, I used rhub and the command line again:
>

> Running valgrind at the command line, I get this error:
>
> ==5097== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
> ==5097== at 0x1118F61FB: smallp_ (in
> /Users/pdunn2/Library/R/3.4/library/tweedie/libs/tweedie.so)

What I meant is that, if you run the script in tweedie.Rcheck from the
command line, Rscript uses your *installed* version of tweedie, not
the tarball you built with R CMD build. So if you didn't run R CMD
INSTALL, Rscript is running an old version without any fix, hence the
disagreement with R CMD check.

Iñaki