[R-pkg-devel] \Sexpr{} expressions but no 'build/partial.rdb' file

Phil Chalmers rphilip.chalmers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:42:44 CEST 2017

Hi all,

First time posting here, so hopefully I'm following the correct etiquette.

I recently received the error:

"Package has help file(s) containing build-stage \Sexpr{} expressions but
no 'build/partial.rdb' file."

when submitting a package to CRAN (source code: https://github.com/
philchalmers/mirtCAT). However, I'm having difficulty reproducing the exact
problem on my Windows and Linux computers with the latest R dev version
(2017-07-25 r72968). Moreover, I don't really understand the issue, as I do
not use \Sexpr{} anywhere in the package.

After a quick search, I found a link on SO (https://stackoverflow.com/
questions/32357637/two-note-messages-from-r-cmd-check-as-cran), but it does
not appear too helpful as far as I can tell (I don't explicitly use
\package_____() commands anywhere). Can anyone shed some light on this
warning and my difficulty in reproducing the message? Thank you in advance.

Phil