[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check not finding my vignettes

David Hugh-Jones davidhughjones at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:38:30 CEST 2017

Hi Duncan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this.

I tried rebuilding the tar file so as to include only the .Rmd files, not
the HTML files, in 'vignettes':

drwxr-xr-x  0 david  staff       0 20 Apr 09:21 huxtable/vignettes/

-rw-r--r--  0 david  staff    1633  6 Apr 16:26
huxtable/vignettes/comparison.csv

-rw-r--r--  0 david  staff    6697  6 Apr 14:44
huxtable/vignettes/design-principles.Rmd

-rw-r--r--  0 david  staff    5521  6 Apr 14:30
huxtable/vignettes/huxreg.Rmd

-rw-r--r--  0 david  staff   20552  6 Apr 16:19
huxtable/vignettes/huxtable.Rmd

-rw-r--r--  0 david  staff      22 17 Mar 00:19
huxtable/vignettes/placeins-header.tex

But when I run R CMD check, I still get the same warning:

* checking package vignettes in ‘inst/doc’ ... WARNING

Package vignettes without corresponding PDF/HTML:

   ‘design-principles.Rmd’

   ‘huxreg.Rmd’

   ‘huxtable.Rmd’

So, the warning does not seem to be related to the presence of HTML files
in vignettes.

I also tried manually removing .Rmd files from inst/doc (leaving them only
in vignettes) but this still gave the same error.

My goal here is that for package-specific reasons, I would like both pdf
and HTML versions of my vignettes to be available (I am writing code that
prints HTML and LaTeX tables and want my users to have examples of how both
output formats work). This is why I build those files manually, and place
them in inst/doc.

Side comment: at the moment, I feel as if I am running through the
combinatorics of including and excluding files from vignettes and inst/doc,
without much insight into what I am doing. Would it be fair to say that the
current system is not very easy to comprehend?

Cheers,

David