[R-pkg-devel] multiple bibentry()s in CITATION

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 2 17:42:46 CEST 2016

Dear list members,

I've noticed that citation(package="pkg") generates both a text citation and a BiBTeX entry when the CITATION file contains a single call to bibentry() or citEntry(), but that only text citations are shown if there are multiple calls to bibentry() or citEntry().

Is this behaviour intentional? In my opinion, it's useful always to show the BiBTeX (although it's available through toBibtex(citation(package="pkg")) ).

The Writing R Extensions manual says, "A CITATION file will contain *calls* [my emphasis] to function bibentry."

Thanks,
 John