[R-pkg-devel] What to do when you can't reproduce CRAN R CMD check unit test failures?

boB Rudis bob at rudis.net
Thu May 12 11:07:29 CEST 2016

Of course the Great And Powerful Ushey did the super-smart thing and
actually tested the code locally. Apologies for not thinking of doing
the same on my end (though I'm also OS X):

    > getwd()
    [1] "/Users/bob/Development/pathological"

    > test()
    Testing pathological
    ..................1..2..W...................................................................................................................
    Warnings -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. copy_dir works with recursive = TRUE (@test_dir_copy.R#34) -
The files ‘javaconf’, ‘ldpaths’, ‘Makeconf’, ‘Renviron’,
‘repositories’ were not copied successfully.

    Failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Failure: decompose_path handles missing paths.
(@test_decompose_path.R#279) -
    `warnings` does not match "Coercing .+ to class
[[:punct:]]character[[:punct:]]\\.".
    Actual value: "Coercing x to class ‘character’."

    2. Failure: decompose_path works with a factor input.
(@test_decompose_path.R#329)
    `warnings` does not match "Coercing .+ to class
[[:punct:]]character[[:punct:]]\\.".
    Actual value: "Coercing x to class ‘character’."

I'm using R version 3.3.0 RC (2016-05-01 r70572) & testthat 1.0.2
(2016-04-23 CRAN (R 3.3.0)

I also get those same two errors on a slightly out-of-date R-devel on Ubuntu.