[R-pkg-devel] Namespace problem with pre-R 3.0.0 package

Sebastien Moretti sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Thu Mar 3 15:26:59 CET 2016

Hi

I have issues with an R package developed in 2004.
It works perfectly in R < 3.
It can be installed in R > 3 but functions are not available.

Documentation I found is not really helpful for me who are not an R master.
I have already fixed some problems with R CMD check but remaining ones
are less trivial.

For what I understand - with R < 3 - everything is loaded with this
command in an R file in the R/ directory:
.First.lib <- function(lib, pkg) library.dynam("jacop", pkg, lib);
require("cluster")

Now I replaced that with
.onLoad <- function(lib, pkg) {library.dynam("jacop", pkg, lib);
require("cluster")}
but functions are not found when called.

NAMESPACE exists but is empty.

Any idea how to solve that?

Regards

--