[R-pkg-devel] Is it possible to protect a word from the spell checker?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 7 07:31:48 CET 2016

On 07.03.2016 03:14, boB Rudis wrote:
> Is there a minimum length req for the single quote spell checker
> firewall? I've been putting 'API' in proper single quotes and it
> always gets flagged.

You do not need toout everything within qtuotes.
There are humans looking at the check result who know that the spell
checker does not know some words. If a function foo() or a package 'pkg'
are not typeset correctly (i.e. without parantheses or quotes,
respectively), we see this quickly using the spellchecker. But the
spellchecker is actually intended for spell checking. ;-)

Best,
Uwe Ligges