[R-pkg-devel] How often does the r-devel docker file update?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jul 6 12:45:43 CEST 2015

Hi Zhian,

On 5 July 2015 at 21:23, Zhian Kamvar wrote:
| I maintain a package that is going to be submitted for an update very soon. I utilize https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/rocker/r-devel/ to check my package with r-devel, but I cannot detect a pattern as to how often it updates. Is there a clear schedule of how often it updates? The reason I'm asking is because it hasn't updated since CRAN has begun to enforce the explicit imports of non-base packages policy.

That is almost more of a question for the rocker maintainers / a GitHub issue
ticket.

The answer is a clear "it depends".  We used to have daily builds of r-devel
as well as of the also-nightly-but-smaller 'drd' container (for 'daily r-devel'):
   https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/rocker/drd/

We turned the automatic dailies off when out "upstream" (ie Debian "testing"
was just coming off the newest release of "stable" so that that "testing" was
undergoing a lot of change).  We will discuss.

In any event, I just launched new builds of 'r-devel' and 'drd' under rocker.

Thanks for your interest in rocker.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org