[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check getting stalled

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:53:46 CEST 2015

Ok, it looks like it's actually quite a subtle problem. (Thanks to
Winston Chang for tracking it down). The root of the problem appears
to be the call to du at
https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/9ffe87264a1cd59a31a829f72d57af0f1bfa327a/src/library/tools/R/check.R#L3639

With 32-bit R Sys.which("du") finds Rtools/bin/du.exe, whereas 64-bit
R finds c:/windows/system32/du.exe (see attached screenshot).

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/