[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check getting stalled

Winston Chang winstonchang1 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 05:06:20 CEST 2015

I should also mention that on the machine that had this problem, the user
had installed some software that provided the du program in
c:/windows/system32.

On that machine, with 64-bit R:

> > system2("du")

> Du v1.34 - report directory disk usage

Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

> usage: C:\Windows\system32\du.exe [[-v] [-l <levels>] | [-n]] [-q]
> <directory>

   -l     Specify subdirectory depth of information (default is all levels).

   -n     Do not recurse.

   -q     Quiet (no banner).

   -u     Count only unique file occurences.

   -v     Show size (in KB) of intermediate directories.

> Warning message:

running command '"du"' had status 65535

-Winston

On Thursday, May 28, 2015, Hadley Wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com