[R] single character in R, and how to manipulate it

Jinsong Zhao j@zh@o @end|ng |rom ye@h@net
Thu Mar 30 10:25:09 CEST 2023

Hi there,

I just noticed that "crt" is a graphical parameter, which is stated as follows in the help page of "par":
A numerical value specifying (in degrees) how single characters should be rotated. It is unwise to expect values other than multiples of 90 to work...

However, I did not find any code example to demo the usage of "crt", and even know how to present a *single character* in R. It seems that R treats "A" as a string. If I wanted to rotated it in a plot, I could use "text" function with "srt" argument. But how to use "crt"?

Another related question, how to mirror a character in R plot? For example, the mirror of "R" is something like "Я".

Any hint? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jinsong