[R] VT-100 terminal escape sequences

Sun Mar 5 16:29:37 CET 2023

On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 14:36:23 -0800
Dennis Fisher <fisher using plessthan.com> wrote:

> R code generates the text that appears in the GUI.

How is R being run? As a child process? How does the XOJO program
interact with it?

> Recently, VT-100 terminal control escape sequences appeared in the
> text, e.g.,:
>          [?25h  TEXT
>     [?25h[?25h	TEXT
> It is not clear to me if the problem is generated by R or by XOJO.

"ESC [ ? 25 h" stands for "make the cursor visible". It may be produced
by the readline implementation that R links to, depending on how the
process is launched, but I don't think that R itself is generating it.

--
Best regards,
Ivan