[R] help.start() caused high CPU loading

Jinsong Zhao j@zh@o @end|ng |rom ye@h@net
Mon Apr 27 09:50:54 CEST 2020

Hi there,

After calling help.start(), I noticed that CPU loading is up to about
25% (my CPU is core i5 with 4 core). In the out html page, if I click
"Packages", the CPU loading may be up to 75% or much higher. After
closing the browser, the CPU loading does not drop.

If I just use ?plot to open a specific help page, the CPU loading is not
change dramatically. However, if I click the package name (base or
graphics package in this example) in the help page to open the index
page of the corresponding package, then the CPU loading will increase to
more than 75%.

I do not know if this phenomenon could be reproduced... And I do not
know how to trace the detailed information.

Best,
Jinsonng

 > sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.0 (2020-04-24)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18363)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[2] LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_4.0.0 tools_4.0.0