[R] help.start() caused high CPU loading

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 27 10:54:40 CEST 2020

What's the benchmark?

I (still) have Windows 10 x64.
Opening the task manager, causes the CPU to jump to over 90%.

In regards to the CPU usage remaining high:
(1) Are you running R in a standard way?
(2) If (1) true, is R idle (i.e. waiting for user input)?
(3) If (2) true, how much CPU is R using?
(4) If (3) is zero, what processes are using the CPU the most?

If (1) is false, it's not R's fault.
If (1) is true and (2) is false, then I don't know, that would be interesting...
If (1) and (2) are true and (3) is high, then that would be a bug in R.

If (4) is processes other than R, it's also not R's fault.
But if you provide information, someone here maybe able to offer advise...