[R] Syntax highlighting

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 13 11:00:11 CET 2018

Hi Sigbert,

Sigbert Klinke <sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like know if there are any plans for some "standardized"
> syntax highlighting of R code?
>
> * Currently I'm using minted for my LaTeX slides with pygmentize and I
> do not know what scheme is used for highlighting the R code.
> * RStudio uses (as default) TextMate (Text editor for MacOS)
> highlighting for R code.
> * The R package "highr" just defines CSS classes and does not provide
> any default CSS file, but embeds andre simons Highlight 3.42 Software
>
> Of course, for my students I would like to have approximately the same
> highlighting in the slides, in RStudio and in shiny.

I'm not in a position to know whether anyone has such plans, but I
assume that trying to standardise syntax highlighting is probably a can
of worms that no-one would want to open, as it is just too subjective an
issue.  However, I seem to remember that you can use /setminted to set
the style and

  pygmentize -L styles

will give you a list of predefined styles.  Maybe one of them is suitable.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)