[R] MODISTools help - with reproducible examples

Caroline gliddeca at science.oregonstate.edu
Fri Jun 23 16:50:57 CEST 2017

In case anyone else experiences the same error:

The package creators responded and the issue was that I was using time frames between 14-30 days. EVI and NDVI are only calculated every 16 days so using that time span entailed that there was only one pixel per observation. I expanded my timeframe to 32 days and my analysis now works.

I.E. changed:

firstobs$start.date <- firstobs[,2] - as.difftime(14, unit='days') ###time frame now spands two weeks

firstobs$start.date <- firstobs[,2] - as.difftime(32, unit='days') ###time frame now stands 32 days

Where first obs is the data set that contains the date that the data was collected, latitude, and longitude of collection site from one observation. I used the date the data was collected as the end date and transformed the date the data was collected to 32 days prior as the start date.

firstobs before transformation:

 id start.date  end.date       lat   long
2 B1-1108  28-Nov-08 28-Nov-08 -25.07324 31.936

firstobs after transformation

 id start.date   end.date       lat   long
2 B1-1108 2008-10-27 2008-11-28 -25.07324 31.936

The key point is that the time frame used for analysis should be greater than or equal to 32 days.