[R] friedman.test error: not an unreplicated complete block design

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:13:09 CEST 2015

By coincidence, there actually _is_ enough info to pinpoint the issue:

*Subj  Group Emotion Response*94    HR    Happy  2
119   HC   Happy 0
3   HR   Sad   4
61 HC   Sad   2
64  HC  Sad   0
....etc

An unreplicated complete block design has exactly 1 observation for each combination of the two grouping factors. The above clearly has 2 observations with "HC, Sad". So Friedman's test does not apply.