[R] is.na() == TRUE for POSIXlt time / date of "2014-03-09 02:00:00"

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:07:50 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM, William Dunlap <wdunlap at tibco.com> wrote:
>> I should have mentioned that I tried other time stamps, generated the
>> same way as "q" above.
>
> How did you generate q and in what time zone were you?

I got it from an MS-SQL data base which is maintained by some
closed-source vendor software. But I manipulate the data in the SELECT
before sending it to R via ODBC. I need to double check the raw data
in the data base.

> Note that 2am
> on 9 March 2014 is when 'daylight savings time' started in the parts
> of the US where it is observed.  Does 2am exist or do we jump from
> 1:59:59 to 3:00:00?

Hum, that hadn't occurred to me. I need to see what is in the DB.

But I think you have found my problem. If I force the timezone to be
GMT, then the problem disappears. So that is what I'll do with this
data.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown