[R] calculate out of different lists in R

EvaR eva.raetzke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:49:00 CEST 2012

hey There
I've been trying to match 2 lists in R I have an excel sheet containing all
the 51states of amerika devided by zipcode. the columns are : zip,city,
state,	latitude,longitude,count so now I want R to make a new table that I
could use to draw a map. The table should consist the name of the state plus
the count. Like I said I have all the zipcodes and the count for the
zipcodes, so now I would like to calculate the numbers from the zipcodes of
one state. .can anyone help me?I've been trying and seraching trough other
blogs and pages but I fail to find something that helps me.
Thanks a lot